Friday, July 23, 2010

Back to Home Sweet Home!

well, well.. so its been a looooong time since I posted here..
first jst a small recap of what all has been going on since past so many days... I'm back to my home sweet home after spending about a month at IIT-K. So, now, I'll be continuing the project now from my home town.. Anurag has also gone to his hometown for some days... Ah.. its been so long since he last spent time with his parents! Anyway, have a great time there dude!

Meanwhile, I set back to the project just the next day when I returned from Kanpur. Components from US have also come.. (But, damn... I had to pay Rs 1200 of Import Tax!)..
Now, whats dat tax for! I don't even earn yet!!!

But, it was great to have the components, and starting work over them.. And using these componets require lots of care as well! So, expensive, and so less in number as well.. No scope to fry any either! ;-p

Anyhow, I set out to work, and after 3-4 days of continous efforts, Ive Finally been able to hear a tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Tone! lolzzzz.... Its a simple Sine tone though of around 5500Hz frequency, yet its seems so wonderful to hear it! I'd been fiddling with the circuit and hardware and software since past 3-4 days... have been reading the datasheets over n over again... going through the forums, and sites, and tutorials, and finally!!! Yippieeee!!!!!

But, the coming days will see lots more challenges... But looking forward eagerly! Now next job in queue with this hardware is to play a song being streamed from PC.... Hopefully this should be done in another few days... :-) But this requires overcoming lots of complexities.. But, I will! :-)

1 comment:

  1. And before these components arrived, I'd been working on the software end... Working of Speech Recognition and Speech Synthesis, and have got some satisfactory results there as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete